Summer

17.4.10



For the first time in my entire life, I am and I will be working during summer vacation.

Summer Vacation 2010.
(P.S. That's Capones beach/ island up there.)

So, this will be my first non-relaxing vacation, escape-from-everything summer. A non-vacation summer... what irony, what a conundrum, what cruelty! :-D But really, working when it's the summer holiday sounds like such a crazy, impossible idea. But I guess this is exactly what growing up does to you. You begin doing crazy, impossible things.

Like going to work and being cooped indoors and laboring and doing major mental tasks when it's SUMMER! I am wearing slacks and pumps and drinking coffee inside the corporate office instead of being in board shorts and being barefoot and drinking chocnut and coconut shakes out in the sun. Aloha summer.
(Okay, I'm being dramatic. My boss is actually pretty laidback [and therefore awesome] when it comes to what I wear. I can wear open-toed sandals/ wedges and floral flats to work. But it's not the same as the wonderful feeling of soft sand in between and against your toesies. Flipflops optional.)

And actually, I'm really, really happy with work. It's the most corporate-y among my dream jobs but it's still a dream job, cannot take that away from it and me. I work in HR/ Recruitment. I am absolutely grateful to be in a dynamic, un-boring, challenging and fun job that also allows me to help other people every single day. In particular, I help them land jobs and careers. It's very fulfilling.

If I can't be where the sun, sand, sea, surf and board shorts meet and kiss, then at least I am doing something I enjoy. Living a dream job, pursuing my passion, helping other people, meeting tons of awesome people.

Hmm... but I'm still hoping for a beach weekend though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so fantastic you landed one of your dream jobs! Also fantastic are laid-back bosses who act human and not mechanical. Having sand between your toesies sounds fantastic... but I can't stay at the beach very long. I burn so easily... even in the shade! Even when I'm wearing really high SPF sunscreen AND reapplying... I have two-three hours tops. Dang. Well, I'm sure you'll be able to balance work and beach! :)

Post a Comment